Saturday, August 20, 2011

I miss my Henry bun

He was my bunny for 12 years; given to me by an ex-boyfriend, whose friend found him on the street outside a club as a baby. He was a big bunny and very bossy because I let him do whatever he wanted. He liked to eat books and dance with me, or play his dug dug game. He hated being picked up and cuddled but he loved pets behind the ears, and occasional squishing. He talked back with his ears a lot.
He died at the end of February this year, and I miss him so much. I dreamt that he was still alive last night, but sick, and I was giving him antibiotics.
I volunteer at the local bunny sanctuary, so I felt it only right to get more bunnies after he was gone. I have two now: Richard and Rachel. I'm glad I can give them a good home, and they are very cute, but I still miss Henry. I have a feeling I probably always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment