Monday, August 29, 2011

Richard & Rachel

Richard & Rachel are my new bunnies, from the VRRA http://www.vrra.org/wp-beta1/ bunny sanctuary.
They're brother and sister and they were the longest residents of the shelter at 4 years. Their entire family was dropped off in a box in a park, and they both have respiratory problems from being in damp outdoor hutches (a lot of the sanctuary bunnies have that problem). I'm trying to give them the best life possible.
Richard likes to explore and has a cough like a 90 year old cigar smoker (the white Himalayan). Rachel is a little pig but very very shy and scared of people. She doesn't even like to be looked at, so I made them a cushion cave and bought them one of those furry cat tunnels. Their only interest in me is a provider and cleaner, and otherwise they just want me to stay out of the way.
I can hardly blame them.
Right, Richard is giving me that 'more food please' look, and I'd better do their litter. I like being a slave to bunnies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment